Wednesday 24 November 2010

City of angels (NOT!)


Hey ya...it's been awhile since i write here...yeah am a major slacker, i wish one of these days there will be a gadget where i could just dictate and the computer will type itself, hope Steve Jobs will hear me out on this one.
Anyway, i was browsing to some of the blogs that i follow...and again Baglady (http://baghabit.blogspot.com/) scored big on her blog about being European...i live in Europe for a couple of years, married to European, but for the past 3 months i was back to the place where i was born, which is in Asia, Jakarta, Indonesia to be precised...me and my husband have to be here for at least until March 2011, but i am crossing all my fingers that we will be back to Europe way before March. Reading Baglady's blog about being a European, makes me miss me Europe even more. I love being Asian, dont get me wrong on that, but if i have to live the rest of my live over here i might end up slitting my own wrist *oh yes...let me be over dramatic on this!*. Living here in Asia, especially in Jakarta is really a struggle, i admire all of these Jakartans who have to be stuck in traffic at least 4-5 hours a day, every single day. If there are floods, they could even stuck in traffic for 6-8 hours. I admire the Jakartans for surviving in the city where a fresh clean air was a rare to non existent to find.



I feel like a dead man walking lately, yes, living in Jakarta could somehow suck the life out of me. I miss my walks, bike ridings, clean air, decent library, sitting in the park...I miss all those little things that i could not do over here in Jakarta. Well, i thank God that my husband is here, at least am not alone to face this suffer...
I don't even understand i could survive living in Jakarta before i moved to Europe...maybe it was less chaotic back then?, maybe Jakarta is getting worse each day?, or maybe i just don't want to go back to chaos after i taste a little bit of peace and order?..or maybe all of that are the reasons.
You can call me a wuss or whatever, but i am so counting my days to get back home to Belgium...
The only thing that i will miss from this chaotic overcrowded city is only one thing, and one thing only...which is the FOOD.
And for that i'd probably will write something about the delicious variety of Indonesian food, one of this days soon...

2 comments:

  1. It can get quite frustrating when the traffic just doesn't move....it must be real hard for everyone there....as you said, at least you are not alone...take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't lived many places outside the US but was born in Thailand and spent most of my grade school years in Hawaii. I have always wanted to go to Europe since my husband speaks so fondly of his time there.

    However, I admit I'm distracted by the mention of Indonesian food, which I imagine is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete