Saturday 30 October 2010

Javier Bardem, Eddie Vedder, Eat, Pray, Love

There are 3 things that still linger in my mind after i watched the movie "Eat, Pray, Love"...first is this man appearance in the movie :

This will be sounding like a teenage girl who gone ga-ga (not that lady...i meant other slightly more normal ones) over a movie star, but there is something about Javier Bardem. He is not exactly an ordinary handsome-chisel looking greek God of Hollywood, he is something else and more. His acting talent is superb, no doubt on that. But something in him that makes me (or maybe also to some weird girls out there like Penelope Cruz for example...) feel drawn to him. His sexiness is oozing out of him, he could be fully clothed from neck to toe but still he is mighty sexy without showing any flesh. The way he talks, moves and gestures are just plain sexy for me. 
Okay should get a grip before i rambling about Javier on and on...and move on to the second thing that linger, which is this man voice as the back sound and soundtrack from the movie :

I am a fan of Mr. Eddie Vedder since i was in high school (alas...this shall reveal my age), back then i even owned a brown corduroy jacket like the one he wore in Jeremy's video. And now, after watching 'Eat, Pray, Love' i fell in love with his voice all over again. This is special to me, because lately i was so sick and bored with the usual music on radio, tv or mtv (oh yes they do still play videos sometime in between those trashy-but addictive- reality shows), when am home i only want to listen to classic music...but  after watching Eat, Pray, Love and listen to Eddie Vedder's numbers from the movie soundtrack i think i could bear non-classical music again now. I particularly love "Better Days", his voice, the sounds from tabla, mandolin, accordion blend perfectly, made me want to cry when i first listen to the complete song. What a beautiful song. What a beautiful music. What a beautiful voice. Thanks to this, again i found my passion and reason why am i working in the industry, for this kind of rare talent and composition, am willing to work in music industry for a couple years more...maybe. Thanks Eddie!.

And the 3rd things that still linger on is the movie itself...(at last)
well...it is not a spectacular oscar material kind of movie, but it is not bad either. In spite of my husband's annoyance of how Liz Gilbert left her first marriage, in spite of her soul searching from one country to another, and from one yummy man to another, i have to respect her for her efforts to find herself and her own happiness. The moral of the story to me, is : everybody deserve to be happy, and you might break some hearts along the way but in the end everything turn out to be good for everyone. At least she is not cheating on anyone, she broke those men heart openly, honestly and plus she apologized. Not trying to justify her here, but i do respect her choices (not necessary was/will be my choice personally) because everyone entitle to pursue their happiness with their own way.
Beside, i thank God that i've done my 'soul searching' way before i marry my husband. My 'soul searching' probably not as dramatic as Liz Gilbert's, but am proud that it were no less than flying to different continents, meeting up men along the way (in my case very wrong men and way less attractive than James Franco nor Billy Crudup...though finally now married my own private Belgian version of Javier Bardem...well at least he is to me ;) ), it also involve eating & tasting food & drinks, watching & listening to music....lots of it! So, yeah Liz, i think i can say that, in my own way i know what 'soul searching' is all about. And i believe, Liz Gilbert nor me not the only one.
Enough for being a wise-ass here, i read the book a few years back, i remember that it didn't move me that much, it was an okay book, it was about someone's journey, but that was it it. As for the movie i feel a bit more move this time, maybe it's the visualization, maybe it's the good actors in it, maybe it's the beautiful music and sceneries...i don't know, this is not happening often. I almost always love the book more than the movie interpretation of it, but i could say that 'Eat, Pray, Love' is a different case...i can not tell exactly why...oh well, to cut the rambling short maybe it's all because of Javier Bardem *swoon*, his part should be longer in that movie. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. That was a nice blog...really want to see that film xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the book, and seen the movie as well....and feel inclined to do some travelling of my own....and I agree....Javier Bardem is indeed cute.... :)

    ReplyDelete